Sunday, November 23, 2008

THE list

To give you a little more information about myself than my profile sentence offers; I am a SAHM with a 3 year old daughter and a 10 month old son. I've been co-teaching an at home preschool for 3 other 3year olds along with my daughter since August. I am a cub scout den leader and do a lot with my church. My mom taught me to sew when I was a child, but I was nver very interested in it. It wasn't until I was pregnant with my daughter that I really started sewing. I made curtains and a quilt for her and then started making cloth diapers and it snowballed from there. Now I enjoy making just about anything fabric/ sewing related you can think of. I consider myself an intermediate sewer BUT I still have a lot to learn, I've only ever put in one zipper and am always trying to improve.

So, this year in my family (the first year we have ever done it) we chose names and are in charge of getting all the presents for that person. I chose one of my sisters and my husband chose my mom.

My list of gifts to make is somewhat long, but hopefully doable;

5 simple friend gifts (I'm thinking of doing the FREE Home for the holidays pillow hanger, pattern found HERE )

Gift for preschool kids and co-teacher:
4 kid chef hats and 2 adult chef hats (FREE pattern found HERE )
4 kid aprons and 2 adult aprons (using the pattern found HERE )
4 felt food sets (I'm thinking a simple breakfast set or *maybe* the Bugabugs bread set found HERE)

Sister present:
P.J. set (need to buy pattern)
Tote Bag (self drafted pattern)

SIL present:
Purse (to be decided pattern)

Mom present:
Church Tote (self drafted pattern)

Corbin (10m old son):
First Doll (not youcanmakethis.com, but I love, love love this doll pattern HERE)
soft blocks (wing it)

Jovi (3year old daughter):
Felt Play Food, as much as I can make (I'm using various tutorial, winging it and planning on buying patterns from Bugga Bugs for anything else I can't figure out
)Play Cape and Play Crown
Maybe some doll clothes made whe I make my Twirls for Girls doll clothes (I'm hoping to make at least 8 sets for Toys for Tots), check out this great cause and FREE patterns HERE

I sure hope I can get it all done by December 15th, that would be SOOOO awsome!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Rachel, I'm SO glad you're on my team!!! You've got some WONDERFUL ideas listed here! It's sure going to be fun to follow. :)