Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My First Gift

My first gift is off to a good start and I didn't even have it on my list of gifts to make. That was because I wasn't going to be sewing anything for it, but it turned out I got to do some sewing after all.

We took family pictures today as part of my mom's Christmas present and dh wanted Jovi to have a dress instead of jeans and a button up shirt like the rest of us. Repurosing items (old clothes, bedsheets ect.) is a great way to save money so instead of buying a dress, I made one out of jeans I got for $0.25 at a garage sale and 1/2 a yard of fabric. I altered the top from CarlaC's A-line pattern (found HERE) and just added a skirt.
Photobucket
Photobucket

went to a park and had my sister who is taking a photography class take the pictures. We may try again another day, getting a good picture of a preschooler and a baby at the same time is next to impossible, but here are the best of the pictures.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thanks for looking. I'm planning on working on all the chef hats tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Rachel! Those pictures turned out BEAUTIFUL!! And your dress idea was brilliant to say the least!

Anonymous said...

I'm a YCMT fan - and found your blog through the Thrifty Fifty. I absolutely love this re-purposed jeans dress. It's beautiful. Thank you for such a great idea. Good luck with everything this holiday season.